(1) With the registration, the user shall agree to the provisions stated here for the use of his / her personal information by Smeet. The user can access the contents regarding the data privacy protection and the use of the data at Smeet at any time via this link and can revoke his / her agreement at any point in time.
(2) Smeet shall collect users’ personal information in various manners in various areas of the Services as well as the partner sites. This information is generated from the user’s data as well as by the use of the provided Services. The user hereby agrees that his / her personal data is electronically stored by Smeet.
(3) Smeet shall collect, use and analyse information to enable the platform respectively the Services to function correctly and to offer the users comprehensive services.
(4) In particular, Smeet shall be entitled, with the consent of the user, to communicate his / her pseudonym / nickname / first name / last name to other users to enable the personal exchange of messages between users. The data does not disclose the address, telephone number or email address of an individual user provided that the user does not independently reveal this data for example by entering it into his / her profile information. Furthermore, for friend list comparisons (e.g. with social networks, email providers, instant messengers or the like), Smeet shall also be entitled to inform other persons about the information given by the users respectively to notify them of a request for contact.
(5) In specific areas of the Services, Smeet shall be entitled, with the respective explicit consent of the user, to communicate the actual identities (name, address, email address, etc.) of the user to other users.
(6) Smeet shall be entitled to communicate collected data to mobile network operators, credit card providers, banks or another payment providers specified by the user as far as this is required for the billing of services against payment (also see §6. of the GTC).
(7) Furthermore, Smeet shall be particularly entitled to communicate or utilise users’ data, should this be required
for the legal protection and safety of the other users,
for the fulfilment of legal requirements,
for protecting or defending the rights of Smeet,
for the rectification of technical difficulties,
for the provision of its Services / for the correct operation of the platform (even if third party providers, associated enterprises or co-operation partners / partner enterprises are used in this connection as e.g. Content Delivery Networks, Amazon Web Services, etc.),
for the maintenance or upgrading of the Smeet Services and
for the compliance with these GTC.
(8) User data / contents of data shall be permitted to be stored for a limited time period and evaluated for the protection of underage users against persons with paedophiliac tendencies as well as for the optimisation of technical sequences and a better error checking and correction.
(9) For advertising purposes, in particular advertisement placement, Smeet shall compile and evaluate anonymous statistics on user data. Certain user information shall be made available to third parties – that also includes advertisers – e.g. for demographical purposes.
(10) When logging in to Smeet, the login time as well as the user’s IP address shall be stored for the protection of Smeet and its users against misuse as well as for the protection against criminal acts.
(11) Smeet shall handle the user data in line with the regulations of the German Data Protection Act. The user can demand that his / her data no longer be used and / or that it be deleted. However, a complete deletion cannot take place until the registered user account has no longer been used for at least 2 months. In the interest of the user, this is to prevent that the deletion of the name is effected by an unauthorised person. All data shall be utilised subject to the German Teleservice Data Protection Act (in Germany: TDDSG) as well as the Telecommunications Data Protection Ordinance (in Germany: TDSV) for the compilation of statistics and trend recognition.
to allow us to recognise the user and the user’s device, for example by identifying his/her IP address;
to allow the Smeet Services to interact with a third party social network or platform (where a user has chosen to allow such interaction);
to allow payment providers / processors to process your payment instructions;
to provide a user with more customized Services;
to obtain data which will allow Smeet to understand how users are using the Smeet Services so that Smeet can improve them.
Smeet may also advertise its Services on mobile devices. Ad identifiers are non-permanent, non-personal, device identifiers such as the Android advertising ID and/or Apple’s ID for advertising (IDFA). When Smeet advertises its Services on mobile devices, Smeet may use the user’s device’s advertising identifier and other information associated with it, which Smeet may hold itself or may be provided to Smeet by its advertising network partners, to help Smeet to deliver ads that relate to the users’ interests and to improve and measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns. A user can choose to prevent its device’s ad identifier being used for interest based advertising, or he/she can reset his/her device’s ad identifier, by changing the settings of his/her device. Settings vary from device to device: See two examples for using an Apple device with iOS7 and Google Android running Android 2.3 or later:
When using an Apple device with iOS 7 the user can find the ad identifier settings under Settings>Privacy>Advertising,
When using a Google Android device running Android 2.3 or later the user can find the ad identifier settings under Settings>Google>Ads.
Last update: 14.12.2014